Mackenzie Jones Middle East are seeking a Director of Strategy & Transformation for a leading commercial organisation with a global presence. As the organsiation now enters the next stage of growth plans the Director of Strategy & Transformation will lead the overall strategy and transformation activities across strategy setting, annual planning, strategy review, performance monitoring, transformation and PMO. You will ensure the mid and long-term business plans remain strategically competitive against the market and are aligned to the long term strategy of group. Reporting to the CEO key accountabilities and deliverables will include:
- Assist the CEO in the formulation and implementation of the company’s overall corporate and business strategies to enable the achievement of the company’s vision, mission, and business objectives.
- Lead the development and refinement of the vision and strategy and contribute to the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long term profitability and returns.
- Advise and collaborate with Business/ Functional heads to set measurable departmental goals, performance metrics, and project plans to support the planning consistency and facilitate the way forward.
- Review the market intelligence & competitiveness assessment and utilize the intelligence gained to benchmark against best-in-class competitors & the market in terms of strategy, business model, product line up, organization so that strategic discussions at executive management level can be initiated & stimulated.
- Strategize and formulate the development of annual corporate plans by defining the strategic performance measures / targets of the initiatives and propose on the resources required to ensure the strategic plans & options get implemented to achieve the long term vision.
- Lead and drive the review of the positioning & relevance of the long term strategies by guiding the implementation of internal assessment (e.g. initiatives progress, financial summary) & external assessment (e.g. megatrends, market analysis) so that more fact-based identification of any major deviations / gaps to the key basis & assumptions used on the previously developed long term strategies can be done.
- Lead and direct the continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices within the department while taking into account international best practice, changes in international standards, and any changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans
- Consolidate departmental budgets, recommend the strategy & change department\'s budget, approve financial plans, and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the CEO is aware of anticipated costs and revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement are capitalized upon.
Master\'s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or related. MBA is preferred
15 years experience in the Strategic Management field.
10 years\' experience in management of a strategic management function in a large organization.
This role can be based geographically across the GCC
Family Medical & Insurance