Mackenzie Jones Middle East are working in partnership with a global market leader to appoint a Finance Director for their Gulf & Levant Region. The position will be responsible for all finance matters for Gulf & Levant markets and for building and maintaining a solid foundation for the business. This includes maintaining financial integrity, driving quality decision making and furthering business strategies by playing an active role as part of the Leadership Team. The position is also the primary custodian for the maintenance and adherence to statutory requirements in the including the Companies Act; Tax Act and any other applicable country laws. The role will be located in Dubai with regional travel and key accountabilities will include:
- Lead the finance organisation – responsible for controls and compliance, business and strategic finance, accounting, tax and treasury as well as leading the market sales logistics/demand management and procurement functions
- Analytical thought leader and business decision driver - integral in the crafting and implementation of business strategy, strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution while driving well thought through decisions.
- Ensure an effective internal control environment and timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with IFRS, Local /Statutory Accounting Standards and US GAAP
- Financial advisor to country leadership - provide financial/ analytical support to the Country Manager and other business leadership on key commercial decisions and business strategies.
- Monitor, track, and report business performance proactively identifying issues, opportunities and challenges and ensuring that business utilises its resources in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the Operating Plan, Forecasts, monthly results, the Strategic Plan and other submissions and present business results, financial projections and analyses to senior local and global management.
- Coordinate the planning for internal and external audit work and liaise with both Corporate Internal Audit and External Auditors
- Develop existing talent, identify, recruit, train and retain as necessary a cadre of local finance professionals who will be future leaders.
Do not apply for this position if you are not currently working in a senior finance role with a global multinational corporation. Exposure to the Middle East Region and the following requirements are essential:
- Qualified Accountant and/or MBA with 15+ years of related experience currently operating in a leadership position
- Strong analytical background, business oriented, strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail, while maintaining a "big picture" view.
- Solid understanding of accounting, tax and treasury principles, internal controls, financial systems, and processes.
- Specific expertise in Business Finance and budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and planning & analysis.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers as well as with other stakeholders.
- Challenge the status-quo, adept/creative at finding ways to incorporate financial and non-financial data to analyse business opportunities/decisions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and the ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- High level systems / IT/ process improvement proficiency
Stock/ Share Plan
Annual Return Flights - Family
Medical - Family
AED 70,000 - AED 75,000