My client, a global brand with a presence on every continent, is seeking to appoint a Group Internal Audit Manager for a global role but to be based in Dubai.
The role holder will be responsible for the design and implementation of the worldwide internal audit program He/she will have leadership responsibility for maintaining and strengthening a world-class internal control environment, by providing independent reviews and evaluations of the Group’s operations, information systems, controls, major business processes, records, and reporting functions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop the annual audit plan using a risk-based methodology, while considering significant risks or controls that may have been identified by Management, and submit the audit plan to the Audit & Risk Committee for review and approval.
- Consider the scope of work of the external auditors and other assurance providers, as appropriate, for the purpose of providing reasonable audit coverage to the Group.
- Deliver the annual audit plan, as updated/approved by the Audit & Risk Committee, including, and as appropriate, any special tasks that had been requested by the Audit & Risk Committee and Management.
- Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Group, including potential improvements to those processes.
- Perform advisory services beyond IA’s assurance services, to assist Management in achieving it objectives.
- Facilitate investigations of significant suspected fraudulent activities as requested by Senior Management, wherever necessary, and notify Management and the Audit & Risk Committee of the results, as required.
- Provide information periodically to the Audit & Risk Committee on the status and results of the annual audit plan and the sufficiency of IA’s resources.
- Perform follow-up on the reported audit observations, recommendations, and agreed actions, to monitor and ensure that either the Management actions have been effectively implemented or whether Senior Management has accepted the risk of not taking the required action.
- Maintain a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet the requirements set forth in the Internal Audit Charter.
- Establish a quality assurance program by which the IA assures the effectiveness and efficiency of IA operations.
- Keep the Audit & Risk Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- Coordinate with other control and monitoring functions across the Future Pipe Industries Group to enhance IA’s understanding of the control environment and to promote best practices.
- Participate in the meetings of the Audit Committee and support its programs/activities designed to carry out the Audit Committee’s mission.
- Report to the Board and the Audit & Risk Committee on the audit results and activities across all Operating Companies, as and when requested.
Please only apply for this position if you satisfy all of the following criteria:
- A CPA, CIA, CFE, CMA, ACCA, CA are desirable
- Experience with financial, operational and management auditing.
- Having an expert knowledge of the auditing and auditing profession as well as the audit function at from both conceptual and technical viewpoints.
- Having excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as editing skills.
- Having interpersonal skills that are essential to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, the external auditors, consultants, and various industry representatives.