A leading established holding company in the region, have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Internal Audit Manager to join their team based in Dubai, UAE.
As part of the Risk & Audit team, this is an important role in the organization where you will work closely with other departmental heads and ensure quality execution of audits. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development of annual internal audit plan, by providing key input through identification and evaluation of the organization's audit risk areas.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with ATG's policies and procedures, Identify and clearly define, audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
- Review the list of the issues received from the field auditors and decide if any other area or related activities are required to be looked into so as to ensure that all aspects of the business has been covered and reflect a correct picture of the company's commercial health.
- Ensure end to end process reviews are conducted, collate and consolidate observations, finalize the draft audit report with the Operational / Functional team and present the report to the Audit management for their review.
- Conduct special field audit on the request of the operating companies or on the advice of the Audit Manager to thoroughly investigate the critical segment of the business, identify the weaker and problem areas and recommend
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced auditor to join an organization where they will have the opportunity to develop a long term career and progress. As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A professional auditing/accounting qualification (CA/CIA/CPA) with a strong technical grounding, experienced in financial, performance management and risk assurance
- A minimum of at least 6-7 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional
certifications (i.e. CPA, CA, ACCA)
- Excellent change management skills, someone who is highly confident in influencing senior executives in an assertive and respectful way
- An ability to thrive in leading through complex projects, where you will manage multiple stakeholders across multiple difference cultures
- Arabic speaking would be advantageous