My client, a PE backed FMCG business in Saudi Arabia are looking to appoint a strong Finance Professional to lead a business transformation programme. The role would ideally suit somebody who wanted to make their first move out of a Big 4 Advisory role.
The successful candidate will hold a strategic role, and will be focused on the following:
- Manage the finance function with specific responsibility for the following functions: Treasury, Financial Planning & Control; will be responsible for budgeting, accounting, reporting, compliance, and all the necessary finance related activities.
- Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of medium and long term strategic plans of the business, including financial & funding plans and budgets. Support the Chief Executive Officer with strategic decision making. Oversee, contribute to, and be a key member of the restructuring of the Group to upgrade and improve its processes from those of an operating company to an investment holding company.
- Build a robust asset/liability management framework as an important tool for performance and risk management processes. Design and develop structures and systems of performance measurement to track, analyze and communicate the performance of operating business units, active investments, and financial investments, on a continual basis.
- Devise optimum funding structure and proper balance sheet management processes, and provide strategic framework for the capital structure requirements for XYZ Company’s business activities at the group as well as SBU levels. Consider all possible alternatives in the banking, capital markets, and off balance sheet instruments. Assist in financing of acquisitions/projects through debt and equity.
- Work closely with the treasurer to build a robust and responsive Treasury function, forecasting long-term funding requirements of the Group, hedging for currencies and other exposures.
- Deploy, and leverage across the Group a world-class technology platform, to deliver relevant, accurate and timely financial information, accounting, financial analysis, and decision support systems. Consolidate the financials across the Group, and create management dashboards and periodic reports equivalent to that of the best investment companies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and International Accounting Standards. Alert the Chief Executive of irregularities, lack of compliance, lack of adherence concerning the financial systems, financial operations, financing plans, accounting, audits, budgets and any other matter of a financial nature which could have a financial implication.
- Encourage and endorse the development of new initiatives which will enhance income and reduce risk, thus maintaining or growing market position, and competitiveness of the firm.
- Manage, motivate and develop core team members to ensure that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and that it meets the current and future needs of the business
- The person will be an active part of the Executive Committee, which develops Group strategy and evaluates investment decisions. Attend Board/Executive/Committee meetings both internally and externally as required.
- Significant relevant experience (8+), with in-depth exposure to strategic balance sheet management, with 5 years post qualification.
- Will have had exposure to project finance, bank and/or capital market debt raising, equity capital markets, and structured finance transactions preferably in a corporate conglomerates or investment holding company.
- Experienced in the efficient and effective implementation and leveraging of technology platforms for financial reporting, planning, budgeting, and control and have knowledge and experience in International Accounting Standards.
- Business focused in all regards; knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; stays on track with the mission in hand.
- Experienced in financial planning and modeling.
- Will be a strong negotiator; able to effectively communicate in writing and verbally; has strong presentation skills.
- Intellectual rigor in strategy, analysis and problem solving.
- Personality traits will include patience, perseverance, humility, discretion and personal warmth/empathy.
- Irreproachable ethics.
- Good interpersonal skills as they pertain to leadership, interaction with superiors, peers and subordinates and to outside parties.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. Arabic language is a plus.
- A Bachelors degree in Business/Finance/Accounting from an established institution; CA/CPA qualified.
- A Masters in Business Administration degree, with a concentration in Finance, is a plus.
Excellent long term potential
$100,000 plus generous performance bonus