A leading international engineering practice have an exciting newly created opportunity open for a Regional Head of Finance & Commercial Operations to join their Middle Eastern headquarters based in Dubai.
This is a commercially focused role partnering closely with the senior leadership team in providing financial and management reporting, control and decision support for the Middle East business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving all aspects of the commercial performance of the business unit, acting as a key business partner to the MD and senior leadership team, driving strategy and formulating tactical plans
- Control over all commercial aspects of projects; including: bids, operational controls, cash and risk management
- Control over management of all commercial and financial aspects of running the Dubai and Riyadh office
- Leading a finance team responsible for the preparation and control of monthly management and project Accounts. This will include regular finance project reviews for the active project portfolio (including regular review of project closures / provision reporting, C2C\'s and Contingency / Foreign Currency Contingency)
- Preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and cash flow forecasts, including presentation of financial analysis and KPIs monthly, communicated to local and central management
- You will be the central point of contact for the Middle East business, liaising with other Group and Regional finance teams, responsible for the delivery of quarterly financial reporting packs, associated controls and preparing the necessary statutory reports
- Responsible for taxation and compliance with local requirements
- You will also need to take a proactive approach to continuous improvement within all aspects of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing multinational engineering consultancy in the region as a Financial Controller, which will offer strong growth and progression opportunities. As the ideal candidate, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a qualified accountant - CIMA / ACCA or ACA , minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience and at least 3 years’ experience of having operated at a similar managerial level of responsibility
- Confident, strong communication skills is essential. You will also need to be a proactive character with the ability to take the lead in challenging situations
- Experience of managing a team positively and effectively to deliver results.
- Long Term project accounting experience is preferable, whilst experience of working in a global, matrix managed business within the Engineering, Construction or Professional Services industry would also be an advantage
- Experience of Deltek Vision or Agresso accounting systems would be useful but not essential