I have a key senior position available with a leading Government organisation in the UAE. The role is based at their offices in Ras Al Khaimah.
You will be responsible for oversight of all sales activities across the whole sales life-cycle to ensure effective coordination across the department and develop key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans.
- Responsibility for the management of employees in the team:
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of direct reports to ensure timely delivery of activities.
- Provide ongoing career development, support and coaching for direct reports.
- Provide feedback to team, and identify need based training requirements for direct reports.
- Responsible for developing the budget in line with the overall divisional budget and strategy.
- Accountable for the budget allocated to the overall Department, ensuring it is spent as per the strategic and operational direction of the division.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead the development and implementation of the sales strategy which is aligned to corporate objectives.
- Work with the department heads to establish the sales targets required to achieve the revenue targets of the organization.
- Provide ongoing management reporting on the performance of the sales plan to the senior leadership.
- Maintain oversight of the sales volume, product mix, and selling price by analysing supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Implement best practice sales channels, customised for the market and monitor performance.
- Oversee the conversion of general sales leads generated by Sales & Marketing team for customers within and outside of the UAE by working with the Customer Experience team to ensure smooth on boarding of new general customers across the UAE and international locations.
- Provide support to sales staff who operate outside the UAE, ensuring that they are equipped to drive sales in their respective regions.
- Work with other departments to identify cross-selling opportunities across the different products and services; convert cross-sell opportunities into revenue targets.
Customer Relationship Management
- Develop and implement further sales strategies or work with relevant departments based on customer
- Monitor customer satisfaction to further improve customer experience.
- Lead the identification of potential customers for the organisation and maintain and build key customer relationships.
- Proactively identify and work closely with the sales team to inspect sales process quality and prioritise opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee implementation and training in enabling technologies, including CRM, to ensure that the sales team have the right tools to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements in service delivery, which leads to improved outcomes in customer service.
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver reviews to perform in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist sales team in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies and how these should be resolved.
- Ensure up-to-date sales policies and procedures (aligned to best practice), and ensure conformity with policy requirements.
- Follow up on the audit points highlighted and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Ensure that systems are upgraded and correct processes are mapped to the system.
Account Planning and Management
- Oversee sales account management and ensure proper channel planning fulfilment to drive sales revenues.
- Forecast and track hot leads on regular basis.
- Lead the conversion of general and strategic sales leads generated by the Marketing and Business Development Teams, working with the Customer Experience team to ensure a smooth onboarding of new customers.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reasons for Interaction:
- To build strategy to take the company forward
- To ensure the sales process is smooth and there are no bottlenecks.
- For continuous improvement
Reasons for Interaction:
- Educate potential customers about the products and services offered.
- Build, maintain and retain customers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and business. Master’s degree (preferable).
Years of Experience
- 12-15 years of experience in a similar role demonstrating track record of success in senior sales roles.
- Free zone experience preferred.
- Fluent in English (Multilingual is preferred).
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Market-focused and results-oriented.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in strategies and techniques required for achieving sales target.
- Possesses negotiating skills.
- Responds well in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and customer relationship management platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced MS-Excel, Visio and Access.
AED 45-55k per month plus family benefits and bonus. Salary is dependent on experience.
AED 45-55k plus benefits and bonus