I have a key position available with the commercial arm of a leading Western government. The role is based at their offices in Dubai.
To provide leadership in marketing, communication and events activity in your region (The organisation divides the globe into seven) and support the implementation of the regional strategy.
The most important work of this role is to…
- Develop and implement a marketing, communications and events strategy in support of the regional strategy and business plan.
- Coordinate marketing requirements for the region, particularly trade shows and other events. This includes collaborating with the design studio, and managing the budget for your region’s events.
- Write and manage the production of information and tools that support the regional team and its customers, particularly highlighting the business environment.
- Write and manage the production of tools, stories and information that support the regional team in building their networks and introducing customers with prospective connections.
- Write and manage the production of newsworthy, factually and grammatically correct media releases and resources, case studies, newsletters, columns, speeches and presentations that will resonate with local investors, influencers and buyers/distributors.
- Provide advice on the marketing environments, including market conditions, appropriate offshore event management, client perceptions and competitive situations.
- Monitor marketing and PR campaigns of competing agencies (investment attraction, trade promotion), and provide strategic advice to the organisation on best practice and developments to enhance our performance.
- Develop, in collaboration with your international peers and the marketing and communications teams, an appropriate and effective digital strategy (including social media) for your region.
And relationships are key to this role to…
- Forge and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly other Government agencies that are active in your region.
- Develop and manage regional media relationships on behalf of the organisation and manage media issues in conjunction with the international Communications team.
- Support the international team to maximise story-telling about your region, and its customer successes, to inspire the whole organisation, and provide media opportunities.
Success in this role means:
- Positive feedback from internal and external customers about delivery of service, which includes: all offices in the region feeling as though the regional team is delivering to their agreed expectations.
- Strong leadership input into the Regional Leadership Team with regard to decisions involving MarComms and Events, but also put into broader issues of regional strategy and execution.
- Delivering results in the MarComms team that demonstrably contribute to the region achieving its goals in terms of trade and investment deals and customer satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will be…
- Sound strategist – able to develop strategic and operational plans; give concise and insightful analysis and assessment of strategic options, and test alignment with our vision and direction.
- Outstanding communicator – able to clearly articulate messages across informal and formal communication channels; tell a powerful, persuasive and inspiring story that captures the audience. Engaged effectively with tact and diplomacy with leaders of industry, business and government to achieve outcomes.
- Relationship builder and effective networker – able to develop and maintain trusted relationships and interact with key influencers and decision-makers. Can provide insight, advice and drive dynamic discussions at senior management level by ‘doing what you say you are going to do’. Share information as appropriate and seek organisational rather than individual results.
- Resilient, focused and a motivated self-starter – you are able to roll-up your sleeves and deliver what is required by thinking on your feet, providing practical and effective tactics and solutions through sound prioritisation.
- Knowledgeable about Government relationships and ability to develop a strong knowledge of the local market.
- Events mastermind – experience in devising and delivering and leveraging outstanding events and/or trade-show.
- Foundation – significant experience in journalism/corporate communications and/or marketing.
And we achieve these through great leadership behaviours…
- You’ll be ambitious for the organisation and your team – Constantly challenging yourself and others, inspiring people and supporting them to drive for results and using great coaching to spark great performances.
- Learning through being adventurous – Exploring possibilities and challenging norms, learning from making mistakes, testing and retesting for the best solutions and accepting that perfection isn’t necessary.
- Valuing honesty – We explore challenges with an open mind. Only when we ask questions and truly listen can we discover the right way forward.
- Creating trust in how you lead – Building strong relationships with your team and others, giving people accountability and hold them to it, empowering people to find solutions and following through on promises
AED 40k per month plus standard family benefits
AED 40k per month plus benefits