Oil&Gas company based in the UAE
- Manage the integration and create harmony across all infrastructure landscape to ensure seamless, secure, effective and efficient operation for all infrastructure components.
- Ensure the timely provision of data and reports to “IT Infrastructure Services Senior Manager”, recommend infrastructure operational improvements to support planning, vision and decision making to have continuous improvement of IT infrastructure services.
- Play a significant role in long-term infrastructure integration strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Manage infrastructure integration team productivity to achieve the agreed department / function KPI
- Implements best practices to support design, development, and implementation of processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining accurate CMDB data and collection of up-to-date and inter-related configuration and change metrics about IT infrastructure, applications, and business services to ensure data reliability, durability, and availability thereby ensuring data quality and integrity of the service asset and configuration repository.
- Defining, planning, tracking and managing the IT service delivery of infrastructure related projects associated with the design and implementation of information technology infrastructure & IT operations processes necessary for the delivery and support of business applications, must also understand the interdependencies between technical, application, and customer support departments required to deliver any solution on-time & on-budget. In addition, are responsible for identifying and coordinating key resources and providing the direction required to meet all Infrastructure project delivery goals and objectives.
- need to work as Coordinating interfaces between different IT service management processes of design coordination, service transition planning, release and deployment management and Reporting, will also be responsible for regular and accurate management reporting on service performance against SLA’s and KPI’s as well as identifying and reporting KRI for key activities undertaken in IT Operations.
- Leads the design and review processes for new systems by ensuring governance and standards are followed in design and operational procedures, will need to develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, hardware solutions proposed by IT department by working with different Infrastructure Operations functional domain expert teams/technical leads & Subject matter experts to architect, design, build, implement and documenting of Infrastructure solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Design, Develop and Execute IT service management processes and procedures and ensure the processes are followed across the different functional domains of IT Operations within the agreed framework and ensuring the consistent design of appropriate services, service management information systems, architectures, technology, processes, information and metrics to meet current and evolving business outcomes and requirements
- Manage the development of infrastructure integration standards and policies to ensure that infrastructure components control, policies, and procedures are operating effectively across all infrastructure services.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate IT security policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls related to infrastructure servers in line with the corporate IT Security framework.
- Identify and assess security risks and assist in implementing measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks and audit findings.
- manage any new project infrastructure design during project lifecycle (Dev, QC, UAT, Production).
- Develop cross faction KPI to monitor and control infrastructure integration efficiency
- Liaise with other IT Service managers in a highly technical and sensitive environment to gain buy in for proposed architectures and technology.
- closely working with IT infrastructure Service managers to ensure that specific infrastructure solution designs meet the requirements and best practice developed and applied.
- Any special assignment from line manager or IT senior management.
- Provide inputs into the GIT annual budget related to infrastructure services
- Contribute to the related business cases, ROI and TCO for infrastructure technology investments.
People and Talent Management
- Manage team productivity to achieve the set KPI and service levels.
- Enhance and develop the team knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Manage Database team staff to ensure coverage for in-hours and out of hours support is maintained.
- Work with other IT infrastructure Service managers to develop mutual understanding of each area and develop methods of cooperation and support to achieve infrastructure department objectives
- Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business field or equivalent
- Having related professional Industry certifications will be a plus as well as project management certifications such as PRINCE II, PMP, etc.
- Preferred professional certifications: ITIL v4
- Solid understanding of infrastructure and infrastructure security concept and requirements
- Working knowledge of windows AD, DNS, HTTP/s, SSH, LDAP, DHCP, etc.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, FW, networking protocols and security concepts.
- 12+ years of IT infrastructure experience with a focus on infrastructure design and integration as well as solid infrastructure security concepts and understanding.
- Strong knowledge and experience in infrastructure HA and clustering design, deployment, backup, recovery and management experience is highly desirable
- Proven experience with infrastructure capacity planning, security principles, management and best practices
- Proven experience with release and deployment management processes
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure concepts, frameworks and standards
- Strong knowledge and experience in infrastructure performance management and tuning, security hardening and availability
- Strong knowledge and experience in Database design concepts and operation.
- Strong knowledge and experience in systems and storage design concepts and operation.
- Strong knowledge and experience in network and security design concepts and operation.
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT operation processes, policies and procedures create and develop .
- Work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 on call conditions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in automation tools related to infrastructure management
depending on experience