Oil&Gas company based in the UAE
- Review and approve all application designs and updates to ensure that they are following standards and policies
- Monitor monthly and quarterly performance results, identify performance gaps and ramifications and lead the development of corrective actions that tackle the root causes
- Provides inputs in setting IT standards and guidelines
- Proactively identify evolving technology driven improvement opportunities and implementing relevant application development methodologies and tools
- Assisting in development and updates of policies and standards and ensure implementation of policies and standards.
- Manages the integration across the application landscape
- Reviews and approves the proposed integrations
- Manages the introduction of new smart services
- Manages the application development lifecycle in line with the enterprise architecture standards of GIT.
- Reviews and approves the functional and technical specifications
- Ensures adherence to development, PMO and IT service management standards
- Identifying and overseeing the business case development and project management of new application development projects, including working with the management to identify common application needs and technology platforms
- Assessing technology capacity to meet the future needs of the organization and recommending new applications and new configurations
- Ensuring the optimal balance between the development of new systems and leveraging existing systems
- Plan and Supervise periodic reviews and testing of the applications to ensure software and system functionalities are in line with design parameters and business needs, and adherent to best practices and latest industry developments
- Lead the process of developing application enhancements and manage all releases to ensure that applications are operating in the most effective manner
- Oversee periodic research to identify innovative and emerging solutions and technologies to improve service performance and reliability
- Acts as point of technical support and onsite support to ensure all issues related to all enterprise solutions are addressed appropriately
- Provide inputs into the GIT annual budget from an application development perspective
- Manage the allocation of budgets and highlight any deviations in a timely manner
People and Talent Management
- Formulate workforce planning reports and talent acquisition plan and budgets for application development to ensure adequate staffing for optimal operational smoothness
- Identify talent for pivotal roles from a succession management standpoint to ensure business continuity
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering from a recognized university.
- Master’s Degree is preferable.
- Preferred professional certifications: Enterprise IT (e.g. TOGAF, SOA, PMP, COBIT, ITIL…), industry certification in enterprise applications (e.g. MCSD, RHCEAD, Oracle, SAP, Java…)
- 13+ years of Information Technology experience.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Working experience in multiple industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Energy, Utilities, Retail, Government…) is preferable.
- Working experience of system development lifecycle methods and standards with hands on experience in various methods: (e.g. waterfall, iterative, agile, V Model…)
- Excellent knowledge in new technology trends investigation, study, proposal and implementation (e.g. IoT, Blockchain, Big Data, AI…)
- Working experience in development and support of enterprise integration platform(s).
- Excellent knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Excellent knowledge in user experience concepts and implementations.
- Excellent knowledge in software quality control and assurance practices and tools.
- Excellent knowledge in project management methodology
- Excellent knowledge in portfolio management practice.
depending on experience