A government international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
- To oversee the development and execution of communications strategy (internal & external) within the region.
- The Regional Head of Communications will be responsible for regional internal and change communications and regional external communications planning and delivery, including media, PR and stakeholder communication
- Provide robust and deliverable communications advice to managers
- Examine regional business priorities to identify the role for communication and translate those priorities into measurable communication objectives.
- Build ongoing relationships with key regional stakeholders to gather intelligences and build awareness of overall context for communication.
- Draw on organisational insight to advise regional leaders on targeted employee communication strategies and actions to improve employee engagement
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative regional communications strategies that meet objectives
- Review regional communication strategies to ensure integration across communication channels and identify any gaps.
- Demonstrate a robust knowledge of the regional media landscape. Draw on this expertise to develop innovative, proactive strategies. Advise on press actions at a senior level and support teams to develop regional activities.
- Lead on the use of digital and social media to engage and involve audiences, staff and all other partners to encourage community participation
- Demonstrate a robust knowledge of internal communication best practice. Draw on this expertise to provide recommendations to regional leaders on communicating the business change agenda
- Take overall responsibility for developing and implementing regional communication / media strategies from the strategic planning stage onward.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders. Build influential networks to enable communication teams to deliver quality solutions.
- Considerable experience in managing communications within a large and complex organisation or agency
- Demonstrable experience in providing expert advice and guidance on internal and external communications
- Demonstrable experience in managing and mitigating internal and external communications risks and issues
- Demonstrable experience of translating broad visions and strategies into specific objectives
- Experience of working with the media / press and an excellent understanding of effective online and non-traditional media including digital media outlets and social media platforms
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues and team members based remotely
- Good analytical skills and first-class attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
All inclusive salary with benefits
27,500 -30,500 AED