I have a key position available with the commercial arm of a leading Western government. The role is based at their offices in Dubai.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
This role plays a key part in the delivery of world class trade missions, trade shows, inwards visits and events, including planning and delivering events offshore.
WHAT’S THE ROLE ABOUT?
The most important work of this role is to…
- Project Management: Manage and deliver on objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production within agreed timelines. Responsible for acquiring all necessary marketing and communications related suppliers and resources for event and mission activity and managing them to meet objectives
- Event Management: Provide event management for a portfolio of Trade Missions, Tradeshows and Events, including scoping the deliverables, project plan, budget, milestone tracking and stakeholders, by working with the lead on each project. Managing delivery of assigned activities which may include event logistics, supplier management, contract management, budget monitoring and management, travel arrangements, invitations and registrations.
- Procurement: Owner of event/marketing communications procurement process including development of brief, research, identify and managing prospective vendors, pitch process, contract negotiation and managing internal stakeholders.
- Health and Safety: Ensure compliance with all insurance, legal, health and safety obligations according to the business\' ‘Fine Print’.
- Coordination: Co-ordinate work efforts of cross functional teams. Development of the brief objectives with relevant project owner and bringing in resource where required.
- Measurement: Work to gather and share marketing communications related results and ROI.
And relationships are key to this role to…
- Working closely with the mission’s team (trade and visiting missions) for any projects within the region by providing event management advice on the planning and delivery.
- Engaging with relevant teams such as International, Customers, Board and Ministerial, and Marketing and Communications to ensure collaborative service delivery that minimises duplication and bureaucracy, and championing efficiency, simplicity and collaboration across the organisation.
Success in this role means:
- World class events are delivered to the customer every time and within budget
- Contributing to the development of high quality, best practice event management tools, templates and guidelines
- as an important resource for the team and region.
WHAT CAPABILITIES ARE NEEDED TO SUCCEED?
Our ideal candidate will be…
- Experienced in the planning, coordination and delivery of projects to ensure they are delivered on time and
- to budget. Good with numbers and familiarity with budgets and monitoring of financial expenditure. Demonstrated
- expertise through past work experience.
- Highly organised and planned – is able to work effectively within internal systems and operating model to
- deliver results.
- Strong relationships and interpersonal skills – Able to use and build on existing connections internationally
- to leverage results for our customers plus develop and maintain great relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Relates well to everyone, understands own impact and manages conflict well.
- Flexibility – Able to be proactive and reactive all at the same time, managing multiple priorities and eliminating
- roadblocks without being knocked off balance by the unexpected. Can effectively cope with change, can decide
- and act without having the total picture. Ability to be self-directed and motivated, counted on to get the job done
- among tight and competing deadlines.
- Extras – Tech savvy with awareness of opportunities tech can bring is ideal. Excellent written and oral
- communication skills and can interact with experts from diverse industry sectors, business backgrounds and
- cultures. Local language is a bonus.
AED 22-25k per month plus visa, medical insurance and annual flight allowance.
AED 22-25k per month