We are working with a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, they provide a full-service integrated offering.
- Dealing with a range of banking and finance and capital markets matters of varying sizes and complexity
- Managing due diligence processes and coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Reviewing corporate documents and commercial contracts and working closely with the corporate team to provide general corporate and companies law advice related to banking and capital markets matters
- Commercial lending, debt capital markets, regulatory and restructuring work.
- Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Pro-active involvement in marketing initiatives
- Willingness to work across a variety of banking and capital markets specialisms.
- Must be Saudi qualified or proven experience gained in Saudi Arabia.
- Up to 2 years\' post qualification experience gained at a reputable firm.
- Experience of banking and finance required during training or as a paralegal
- Prior experience of the international banking and finance market advantageous
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files
- Flexibility, positivity and an ability to work effectively in a close-knit office
- Have an interest in, and an aptitude for, developing the firm’s business and a willingness to assist in the development of client relationships, through meetings, presentations, producing know-how and other business development initiatives.
- Experience in LMA-based syndicated and bilateral lending transactions, secured and unsecured facilities and familiarity with priorities and inter-creditor arrangements;
- Experience in providing legal and regulatory advice, particularly to financial institutions; and
- Demonstrable interest in Islamic finance and the sectors in which we operate in the Middle East.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (additional languages a plus)
- Excellent academic record
- Understanding of corporate and commercial issues such as shareholder agreements, disposals and acquisitions of companies and businesses, due diligence on companies, board and shareholders matters and EGMs etc.
- Prior finance experience (knowledge of ICMA, bonds and Sukuk would be a significant plus point)