I have a rare opportunity for an experienced finance professional to manage the financial controls for a start- up bank here in the UAE. The organisation already has a full category 1 license and looking for a motivated financial controller to join them at this exciting phase of their development, working closely with the CFO to help establish the finance function.
- Ensure that all management and statutory reporting of the results of all financial affairs of the activities are delivered on a timely basis and in accordance with best practice.
- Prepare management account in line with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRSs).
- Liaise with auditors to execute the audit requirements and preparation of the financial statements
- Ensure timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the Regulatory Authority
- Compliance with other requirements as per the compliance manual related to finance and other reporting requirements.
- Account for all transactions accurately (in accordance with IFRS requirements) for financial reporting purposes.
- Plan and organize the effective utilization of all available existing facilities to ensure that they are utilized appropriately for short or long-term purposes in accord with the plans.
- Prepare annual budget and monitor actual versus budget.
- Review payroll schedule prepared by HR personnel
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining all financial records, reports, operating practices and documentation
- Assist and support the internal audit
- Monitoring and ensuring that the Firm meeting its capital resource requirement and ensure early warning of situations where liabilities cannot be met as they fall due.
- Perform cash management and projection and timely reporting to the CEO.
- Adhere to all relevant organisational policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
- Other adhoc tasks including some financial reporting and board packs.
- ACCA or CA Qualified
- Regulatory reporting experience from within UAE
- Exposure of reporting to a financial services regulator such as DFSA
- Banking background
- Prior experience of setting up an accounting system and chart of accounts is preferential
- Financial Accounting
- Management Reporting
- Budget analysis
- External audit interface
- Internal audit interface
- Oracle or major ERP experience
- Experience of establishing accounting policies and procedures
- Experience in a start - up environment would be an advantage
AED 40,000 - 55,000