Oil & Gas company in the UAE
- Manage the maintenance and support of all aspects related to systems and storage infrastructure landscape to ensure seamless, secure, effective and efficient operation for all systems components.
- Ensure the timely provision of data and reports to “IT Infrastructure Services Senior Manager”, recommend systems and storage operational improvements to support planning, vision and decision making to have continuous improvement of IT infrastructure services.
- Play a significant role in long-term systems and storage strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Manage systems and storage team productivity to achieve the agreed department / function KPI
- Manage the development of systems and storage maintenance SOP’s to ensure that systems and storage controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
- Take a lead to provide immediate fix whenever system and storage incidents are identified or reported.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate IT security policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls related to systems and storage servers in line with the corporate IT Security framework.
- Identify and assess security risks and assist in implementing measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks and audit findings.
- Responsible for systems and storage backups and recovery, scheduled jobs.
- Involvement in any new project implementation during project lifecycle (Dev, QC, UAT, Production).
- Proactively monitor the delivery of systems and storage services according to approved policies and procedures, user requests, SLA’s, and maintenance schedules with minimum downtime.
- Responsible to apply latest related security patches and bug fixes as soon as released by vendor.
- Ensure that all systems and storages implementations that we support are secure, reliable, cost effective and fit for purpose.
- Develop and maintain a documented road map for the systems and storage products that we support, ensuring that these plans are understood and followed by members of the team.
- Liaise with other IT Service managers in a highly technical and sensitive environment to gain buy in for proposed architectures and technology.
- Work closely with suppliers, and 3rd parties to ensure systems and storage industry best practices followed to deliver systems solutions efficiently and effectively.
- Closely working with IT infrastructure Service managers to ensure that specific systems solution designs meet the requirements and best practice developed and applied.
- Maintain systems and storage inventory for production, QC, DEV, UAT systems.
- Any special assignment from line manager or IT senior management
- Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business field or equivalent
- Having related professional Industry certifications will be a plus as well as project management certifications such as PRINCE II, PMP, etc.
- Preferred professional certifications: ITIL v4
- Solid understanding of systems and storage security concept and requirements
- Working knowledge of windows AD, DNS, HTTP/s, SSH, LDAP, DHCP, etc.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, FW, networking protocols and security concepts.
- 12+ years of IT infrastructure experience with a focus on systems and storage security concept.
- Strong knowledge and experience in systems and storage design, deployment, backup, recovery and management experience are highly desirable
- Proven experience with systems and storage capacity planning, security principles, and management best practices
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure concepts, frameworks and standards
- Strong knowledge and experience in systems and storage performance management and tuning, security hardening and availability
- Strong knowledge and experience in systems installations, upgrades, high availability in existing and new environment.
- Work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 on call conditions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in automation tools related to Database management
depending on experience